Monday, July 14, 2014

Hexagons Galore

 Well, not as many as in the original pattern. When I used needles that gave the correct gauge of the pattern, the fabric felt a bit stiff. So I decided to use bigger needles and make fewer hexagons. The original cowl is very long - 162 cm, which seems like overkill to me. I'm making my cowl a lot shorter. So, where Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark's cowl has 140 hexagons, mine will have 54. I've done 28 so far, so am just over half way.

6 comments:

  1. This is going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is great, I am impressed, 4 needles too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm this looks plenty long. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your knitting is looking lovely and I look forward to seeing it when you have finished it, great colours
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete