Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Good Result


A few years ago, I bought some wool to spin, already dyed red, combed and ready to go. I thoroughly enjoyed spinning it on my Ashford Traveller spinningwheel.  Then came the process of knitting swatches, designing a cardigan and knitting it, which I loved too.

 But when it came to wearing it, that was a different story. It just didn't make me feel as elegant as I had visualised. A friend advised me to unravel it and knit something else, but after all that work I just couldn't bring myself to do it. There wasn't anything inherently wrong with the cardigan, it just didn't suit me.  So it sat in my cupboard.

 But last week I gave it to my daughter Penny. It looks great on her, she loves wearing it, hooray! And being made of wool, it's very warm, just right for the upcoming winter in Perth, Australia, where she lives.

10 comments:

  1. What a story! Great happy ending! No way would I have unraveled it, either! It looks wonderful on your daughter! And, of course, I love red! The only thing I have trouble with is that she has winter coming up! I can't wrap my head around having cold weather (snow?) in July and August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness it's found a good home at last!! Long may she wear it. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely! I'm glad it's found a happy wearer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This red is vibrant and just beautiful, wonderful job love to see your spinning items, and like Kathy thanks for reminding us your entering winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fashion goes around, and things come back into fashion, great story and lovely cardigan
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very nice. Sometimes what we think will work, won't unless we change our focus. Congrats on finding the right focus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS sweater. I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sweater, love the color, and it looks fantastic on your daughter. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the inspiring comments!

    ReplyDelete