Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Results Are In

 I was awarded first and second place in the tatting section for my bookmarks, which is not so amazing, since there were no other entries. Good publicity for tatting though. I'm more pleased with the Tunisian crochet results, where my bag was awarded first against several other competitors.
My Schwalm embroidery was second in the beginners' section. So all the entries were placed at area level and will now go forward to the national competition, which isn't until much later in the year.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the wins - but especially for the bag, I think I have been as excited about hearing how this fared as you must have been! - it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jane on all your awards. Very well deserved as
    you are such a talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Jane. In ALL sections you've excelled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! Congratulations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! This is awesome indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Felicitations! That bag is truly gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wonderful. I am so glad that you won. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! :-) I'm sure you'll do well at the nationals, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go! It's important to get tatting in the spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! The book marks are lovely! The bag is just gorgeous! Is there a pattern out there for it? I am learning tunisien crochet and would just love to make one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helene. There isn't a pattern for the bag, I made it up as I went along. The flower did come from Ravelry, where I looked up Tunisian crochet, it was designed by Sandi Marshall, but she cross stitched it onto Tunisian crochet whereas I crocheted it in.

      Delete
  11. Congratulations, Jane ! You are truly multi-talented :-)

    ReplyDelete