Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Not Done Yet

I thought I'd finished my 25 Motif Challenge, but looking at my list this morning, I see that I've listed lock chains twice. Oops. Luckily I still have a month until my year is up, so I have time to tackle another technique.

 I'm tatting Frivole's Christmas Tree Edging to go around the neck of a blouse. I have the beads on the ball thread, as I wrote yesterday, so the rings in the edging are mostly SCMRs. I'm trying to copy a blouse I bought in Singapore. Very much trial and error. So far I'm on my second attempt. At this rate I'll have the edging done before I finish the sewing.

9 comments:

  1. Over the years I have so admired those of you who achieve year after year the 25 motif challenge. Frankly I don't need any more challlenges in my life, it is enough just achieving the dead lines I already have!! Now I've seen you use that thread before, but oh dear it looks like you are running out, will you have enough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty thread - I'm trying to guess what colour the blouse will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've considered tatting an edging for a blouse, but I think I'll wait until I find a blouse I really love, and that I've made myself. The store bought ones shrink too much!

    I love Frivole's edging, and it looks very pretty in that thread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely thread, I hope you don't run out before you finish the edging, I look forward to seeing it on your blouse.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comment you left on my blog, I have a copy left and if you email me I will send you a copy.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous color! What is it? The edging looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete