Saturday, March 16, 2013
Celtic Bookmark III
Here are my 'notes to self' for when I come back to this pattern
1. I used size 40 thread instead of the 20 that the pattern specifies.
2. I used the alternative method in the pattern, tatting layer 2 first and then weaving it in and out as I tatted layer 1.
3. I concentrated on keeping the tension tight in layer 2, but also reduced the stitch count. For the rings I used 20 ds instead of 24. Chains are 10 ds instead of 12.
4. I made very small picots in the direction-changing chains for joining. Instead of doing a SLT as the pattern said, I did the second half of a ds. So my 3-part chain was 9 vsp 1, turn work, second half of stitch, 10, turn work, second half of stitch, vsp 10.
5. I blocked this layer before starting on the next.
6. For layer 1 (tatted second) I used the same stitch count as the pattern. So there are 12 ds in each ring and split ring. That's the yellow layer in the photo.
7. For the outer layer, I kept the stitch count the same as the pattern for the rings and long chains, (6+6 and 12 ds respectively) but left out the short chains.