Friday, December 7, 2012


I thought I'd display the article about tatting in Ideas magazine on my market table tomorrow. So I made the three motifs for which there are patterns to go alongside the article. I did make two small changes to the 'snowflake' design - I made a false picot between the first and second rounds; and I joined the rings of each trefoil to each other, to make the design more stable. The article says to starch them, but of course I used my new found skill of stiffening with glue and water!


  1. That's a good idea to show how a pattern is written. I must remember to do that in future if I ever go to demonstrate or sell tatting.

  2. I also like the idea of displaying the pattern with the snowflakes. I would think that such a display would generate even more interest in tatting!

  3. These look wonderful! So glad you feel confident now about the glue! The instruction page will let your visitors see the ornaments 'come to life'!

    I'm glad you like my 3-D ball ornaments. You are so right that a balloon is involved, but I have different method from those I've seen in books. I'll be writing about all of this soon! Hope you have a great event!