Friday, November 2, 2012

Geckos

I love the sense of movement in the gecko. The pattern is Jane Eborall's and can be found here. Both are made in  Tat-ilicious threads. The top one is Keylime raspberry parfait, size 20 and the bottom one is Rainbow, size 40.

I have more geckos to make, but this project is number 6 for my 25 motif challenge. The legs are done in block tatting, which was next on my list of techniques to learn. I followed Jane's instructions for easy block tatting, done without changing shuttles. Clever.

9 comments:

  1. They are both super cute. I enjoyed that pattern also, sadly I didn't know about Jane's easy block tatting instructions, thank you for pointing them out.

    Happy tatting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your geckos are adorable! Jane has some terrific patterns, and Jess has some great threads... wonderful combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!!! I love it!!
    I don't think I've ever seen my HDT in this pattern, but it looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great! My grand-babies would love them... hmmmm....

    I do really like Iris Nieback's method of block tatting as her edges are quite sharp and the blocks look very precise, but there is a lot of turning involved, though it is very easy. i didn't realize Jane had another way of accomplishing the blocks. Thanks for the link.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...make that Iris NiebacH!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I used a different method a few years ago, but this one is very easy and certainly works for gecko legs.

      Delete
  6. Those are cute!
    if there is time, I should make the grandkids geckos for Christmas, ..... ???

    ReplyDelete