Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cherries

 600 kilometres was a long way to go to buy some cherries, but we enjoyed the drive, through a part of South Africa we haven't seen before. I was passenger, so I could knit the pink scarf as I went.


I think the best way of overcoming Second Sock Syndrome (that curious reluctance sock knitters sometimes have to knit the second sock) is to have a deadline. These will be posted within South Africa, so I don't need to worry about international cut-off dates, but even so I need to get them finished and sent off. The pattern is Blackrose by Suzy Anvin, the socks form a set with the wristlets.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I salute your ability to knit while in a moving car. I can't even look down before I start getting whoozy. The sock looks great =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only knit a very simple thing that I don't have to look at.

      Delete
  2. yea, I've never gone that far for fruit. Cherries are yummy though! I remember cutting and pitting cherries for Livi when she was just a baby (older baby, not quite toddler- well, maybe toddler... she was young lol). I couldn't cut and pit them fast enough. :o)

    The sock looks cozy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 600 km for cherries! You must really like them!

    Nice socks...
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherries are a complete novelty to me! They don't grow in Zimbabwe. I've eaten candied cherries, but not fresh or bottled ones.

      Delete
  4. Ah - that explains it!

    I am not a big jam or jelly fan, but I do really like cherry jam once in a while, and it is readily available here. So, I do understand. Enjoy the cherry jam!!!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. Fresh cherries here are usually abundant and are absolutely delicious and very healthy though expensive. The blossoming trees are so beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was rather daft to travel such a long way to a cherry festival, but we like to explore SA a bit if we have the chance.

    ReplyDelete