Saturday, November 3, 2012

Beaded Gecko


 I used a plain thread for this gecko, a Cebelia that I dyed myself, and then added beads to the split rings. They look much better in person than in the photo! I modified Tonya's method of adding a bead to a split ring so that I didn't need to use a safety pin. Here's how: tat the first half of the split ring, hook the 'thread around the hand' through the bead, pass the second shuttle through the loop, then tat the second half of the split ring and close.

Jane Eborall's pattern for the gecko is necessarily  complicated, so I mark off each instruction as I go. That helps me keep track of where I'm at. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! What an interesting gecko!! You did a really great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing when working with a pattern. I love the beads added to the gecko!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is cute.
    I mark patterns sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete