Monday, August 6, 2012

Dyeing solids for socks


The brief? To make a pair of socks in the colours of the South African flag for Livi's dad. Various ways of interpreting the brief whizzed round my head. I could do a multicolour yarn with those colours, but I think that would just be a muddle.  I considered literally copying the flag, but rejected that. I did come up with a plan, so this morning I divided the yarn into (I hope) the correct proportions and got my dye pot out. Dye pot as in coffee tin. These are very small skeins, so they only need a very small pot. The skeins have been rinsed and hung on the line to dry.

2 comments:

  1. <3 How fun!
    I can't wait to see the socks. I bet they are going to look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These will be fun to watch! - what glorious colours.

    ReplyDelete