Monday, February 20, 2012

Done


I worked on the little cardigan over the weekend and finished it off this morning. The yarn shows the cables up well, but is really too thick for the pattern. As well as reducing the number of stitches for the fronts and back,  I had to make a lot of adjustments when knitting the collar, to compensate for the thickness of the yarn. I'll take a short break from knitting before tackling the blue version. I think the blue yarn is slightly thinner, hopefully it will work better and I'll need to make fewer adjustments.

2 comments:

  1. oh how sweet, it's lovely, I'm sure she'll be pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I started the dark blue one last night. The yarn is just as thick and more difficult to see. The only good thing is that I now know how many stitches to use!

      Delete